About Department :
Mechanical Engineering Department, at PSNACET, was established along with the institute in 1984 with the intake of 60 students. Presently, the department is functioning with a intake of 120 students. At present, the department is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE, New Delhi. Mechanical Engineering Programme (UG) was accredited by NBA in 2002 for 3 years and was renewed for 5 years , 2 years and 3 years in the years 2006 , 2013 and 2016respectively and in 2019 accreditation is extended for 3 years. The department is recognized as a research Centre by Anna University, Chennai for Ph.D., and MS research programmes. The department consistently maintains good academic records and produces quality Mechanical Engineers.
Currently, the department has a total area of 4485 Sq.m including the instructional and administrative areas. The following laboratory facilities are available to fulfil the university curriculum and to pursue research work :
- Machine Shop
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- Steam Engines Laboratory
- Dynamics Laboratory
- Metrology and Measurements Laboratory
- Strength of Material Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- CAD / CAM Laboratory
- Engineering Practices Laboratory
- Research Laboratory
- PG Computer Laboratory
- Project Laboratory
The department functions with 40 teaching faculty and 19 supporting staff and is headed by Dr.R.KANNAN M.E., Ph.D. The head of the department has more than 30 years of teaching experience in this institute. Currently, the department has 15 Ph.D., holders and 12 are pursuing Ph.D. The average teaching experience of the faculty is more than ten years. The faculties are specialized in different areas of mechanical engineering such as production, design, manufacturing, industrial, thermal engineering, CAD/CAM and materials. They show keen interest in updating their knowledge by regularly attending SDP’s, workshops, STTPs, seminars, webinars and international conferences. They also actively participate in research and publish regularly in peer reviewed international journals and conferences. More than three hundred research papers were published by the department faculty in the past three academic years.
Offering world class engineering education to develop mechanical engineers for globalized economy.
1. To be a full-fledged and competent faculty of mechanical engineering to make the students universally competitive.
2. To nurture professional skills by involving students in professional societies, co-curricular activities and need based projects.
3. To explore and develop learning facilities continuously which paves way for research and continuous learning.
Quality Policy :
1. Providing excellent infrastructure and conducive learning environment.
2. Building a pleasant work culture and motivating everybody to contribute their best.
3. Responding proactively to the changing needs of industry, parents and the society by embracing latest technological trends in the field of Education.
4. Complying with requirements of standards and striving continually to improve the quality of operations of the institution.